Tuesday 13 August 2013

Wicked Greek Salad Recipe

This has to be some of the yummiest Greek Salad I have ever made.  It is seriously good.  I'm not even hungry, but I just want to eat more.... the left overs in the fridge are calling me.

Greek Salad Recipe


Dressing:

1 Cup Olive Oil
1-2 Large Lemon, Juiced
2-4 Tsp Dried Oregano (start with 2 tsp and adjust to taste)
3 Tsp minced garlic (2 -3 cloves)
1 Tsp dried basil
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper

Measure ingredients into a Pint Jar or a container with a lid, and give it a shake to mix it.  Make sure the lid is on really tight before you shake it...  Don't do what I did, or you will have have big mess.


Salad:

1 pack Cherry or Grape Tomatoes,  Cut in half Length ways or quartered.
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Long English Cucumber
1 Medium sized Red Onion
1 small Jar or Can Black Olives, Pitted, Sliced, halved or whole... it's your choice.
1 1/2 Cups Cubed Feta

I have to be honest.  I never really measure the veggies and stuff.  I just eyeball them to whatever seems good.  Today I also halved some yellow cherry tomatoes and put them in.  Soooo yummy!  

Cut Veggies into bite sized chunks.  Put in large bowl and toss to combine veggies.  Pour Dressing over veggies and give it a good toss again to cover the veggies in the dressing.  Store in the fridge, and give it a mix before serving.

This Recipe makes enough easily for several people.  It's quite a large salad.

Enjoy!  




No comments:

Post a Comment